The Arc of Riverside County is a non-profit that serves adults with intellectual & other developmental disabilities. Over the years, The Arc has significantly increased the quality of life for these individuals.
The goal of the Moreno Valley Resource Center (MVRC) is to provide long-term services to adults with developmental disabilities. Our services are for those who are in need of full-time programming to ensure the development and maintenance of functional skills required for self-advocacy, community integration, employment and self-care.
At the MVRC, we cater to adults with severe to profound developmental disabilities. The individual’s needs are of the highest priority. With a low consumer-to-staff ratio, we ensure proper one-on-one instruction.
The Arc believes that proper training leads to expanded opportunities. This is why we offer expert training at the MVRC in the following areas:
– Self-help skills
– Activities of daily living
– Vocational skills
– Community awareness
– Social interaction skills
The MVRC is one of two Adult Development Centers in the Inland Empire that is licensed for all the restrictive medical conditions that have traditionally prevented adults with severe to profound developmental disabilities from participating in adult day services.
Due to the nature of this program, The Arc employs a full-time Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to provide nursing care services to the individuals we serve. Our LVN also oversees the training of our direct care staff.
Medical conditions accommodated at this facility include, but are not limited to:
– Medication administration
– Use of oxygen
– Insulin dependent diabetes
– Inhalation-assistive devices
– Colostomy-ileostomy care
– Indwelling urinary catheters
– Gastronomy-tube feeding/hydration
– Tracheotomy Care
– Communicable infection
– Individuals who rely on others to perform all activities of daily living
To determine an individual’s eligibility for attending the BRC, please read the list below. The individuals must be:
– At least 18 years of age
– Free from behavioral and medical conditions, which pose hazards to themselves, others and/or agency property
– Able to tolerate a six (6) hour program day
– In the process of acquiring self-help skills
– Individuals should be referred to us by Inland Regional Center
12199 Heacock Street, Ste.7
Moreno Valley, CA 92557
Program Manager: Melissa Banks